This clock has been part of Main Street ever since I was a kid. I remember seeing it for the first time when I was about 8 years old and I'm glad to see it's been preserved. Even though Salt Lake City is quite accessible and is full a fun things to do, and is a great place to visit , it's a place we rarely venture. Carole's Ten on Tuesday was a great reminder of this jewel that runs off our beaten path. When I'm downtown I enjoy it immensely and there are many things I like to do.
1. I like to go to the "art house" movies playing at the Salt Lake Film Society's theater, the Broadway.
2. I find unique places to eat.
3. Or I have a drink at Bax X and food at the Beer Bar.
4. Enjoy a walk through the flower gardens of the LDS church.
5. I sometimes visit the mall and, perhaps, do a little shopping, and/or people watch.
6. I love to see live music at one of the many venues. We go to jazz concerts at the Capital Theater and I'm looking forward to the new season.
7. I love looking for funky art pieces scattered around the streets of the city.
8. And, being amazed at the new buildings, the TALL new buildings under construction.
9. I'll go downtown just to buy postcards a the grocery store, one of the best places I've found for procurement of postcards.
10. And, I always like coming home to the "burbs".