Living without cheese is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I gave up gluten happily and I've given up a few other foods, too. But...cheese, dear cheese, how I do miss you!
Carole asked us to pick our Ten Favorite Cheeses, which lead me to spend an hour and half feeling sorry for myself, but I decided to give in and list a few of the cheeses I miss most. (PS.I have no cheese in the house for a picture.)
2. Baked brie or Camembert with sprigs of rosemary and gloves of garlic. This is to.live.for. Monica served this on Christmas Day as an appetizer and it was a hit.
3. Good ol' English Farmhouse cheddar.
5. Goat cheese covered with (Massachusetts) cranberries. (I had to throw that in for Carole.)
6. Stilton with lemon peel. So, good with wine.
7. Parmigiano-Reggiano (I can still eat small amounts with a lactaid.)
8. Feta cheese in a Greece salad. (Sheep's feta with a lactaid is also ok.)
Don't feel sad for me. There are many wonderful foods available to me and I eat a wide variety of things. I'm just a pain for other people to feed, not for myself.