Everyone is saying summer is over, but a friend reminded me there is still plenty of summer to live. You just need to live it, love it and eat up all the days of August. September is usually delightful with beautiful days, lengthening, cooler nights, and enough sun to keep the garden growing and your skin glowing. Do not give up on summer until you must.
I found this mememe a few days ago, via one of the social networks I rarely frequent, but it was knitterly in nature so I thought I’d post it here (and get a blog post out of it). Work is busting my butt and I'm having trouble formulating words about my knitting (or anything else). Sorry I messed up and posted this before it was done, but who knew feed readers would that quick!? Anywoo....
My Five Knitterly Things
1. My favorite things to knit – shawls and sweaters – My knitting time has been short, as is time to talk about it (via the blog), but Stripe Study and the Mondo are both growing nicely. The way life is going I’ll be showing them off as FOs.
2. My least favorite thing about knitting – Lack of TIME – The things I don’t like to do, I don’t do. It is the process, right?
3. My first finished object – Blue garter stitch baby romper, oh so many, many years ago…for a nephew and really not all that cute.
4. If I could take only one yarn brand to my desert island it would be – Hands down anything The Woolen Rabbit, as Kim’s dye work, and yarn quality, is fabulous. If I had to pick one of hers over another it would be Opulence. However, she has many new yarns and I haven’t had a chance to try them all (as yet).
5. My current knitting obsession is – Stripe Study- I haven't been able talk about my love of this shawl, but I am having a blast knitting it and dreaming up yet more color combinations whilst doing so.
I’d love to hear your 5 Knitterly Things, too. You can post via your blog or right here in the comments.