Look at this!! It is a beautiful roving from Kim! I was able to try it out and it worked up fairly smoothly for me. It seems I just can't draft worth a darm (not quite a damn), but this roving is small enough that I was able to get it to 'sorta' work. BUT, this is not second nature to me...I need to really think about it and my hands don't want to work, the spindle goes too slow or too fast and it just becomes a mess. In the middle of the night I woke up and said "You can be such a silly grrl! You were spinning backwards!" What's a grrl to do? Practice, practice, practice. I shall keep trying...if only because there are too many beautiful rovings out there that I want to fondle. Thank you Kim for sharing some of your gorgeous bunny wool. I hope to do it justice someday (soon!).
Katy is one of my long time blog friends. She is a woman of strong character and seeing her comments each day brings a smile to my face. It was a thrill for me that she was first to say 'Interview Me'. Just remember rules and answers should be on your Blog along with the answers.
- You have lived in Alaska and speak of it often in comments on my blog. Would you like to live there again?
- Your mother is a knitter extraordinaire and most likely taught you to knit at a young age. When did you decide you love to knit and that it would be a part of your everyday life?
- We have the same philosophy on housekeeping. Does it bother you or (like me) do you think a 'lived in' house is A-ok?
- If you decided to work outside the home what would your dream job be?
- What is one thing you would love to do that you haven’t done as yet?
And because Jackie has become a great blog pal, too. I decided to grant her wish and have her answer a few questions.
- You only have one brother (as do I). Was he a big part of your life while growing up and is he now?
- You eat ice cream every night at 9:00. Is the rest of your life that organized and scheduled?
- You don’t have number 99 and 100 on your About list. Please add them here.
- You kept Shelby’s secret very well, but are you usually good at keeping secrets?
- If you could live anywhere on earth where would that be?
More snow tomorrow! It's spring in Utah...warm one day, cold and snow the next. Where am I going to take Chickami pictures?