Thoughts along the lines of this weeks ToT subject, "10 Things You Feel Good About Right Now", have been bouncing around my head for the last few weeks. I saw a video not too long ago about how a photographer looks at the world with a different perspective, one that turns the ordinary into something extraordinary. The whole time I watched I was in awe of the photographs, as well as, how easy it was to change ones view of the world around us. I tend to get down on myself and my confidence wanes from time to time, but I am committed to changing this and working on staying more upbeat and positive.
1. I feel good about taking on a new challenge in the office and learning a new job. It feels good to be given a promotion and to know others have confidence in my skills.
2. I feel good about the new month and the chance of the first snow. Autumn has done a good job of keeping winter at bay, but it won't be able to hold back the tide much longer. I am ready for cold weather, as I am a knitter and I have my hand knit gear.
3. I feel good about the new supplies I bought to try my hand at journaling. One of the ways I thought to build my confidence was to write down my day, to share my perspective with myself, and to see I can keep the focus on the good things in the great world around me. I bought a small sketch book, a set of colored pens, and a few colorful papers to spark up my pages. Ideas abound...bouncing through my thoughts.
4. I feel good about the shawl I'm knitting, as I am very close to finishing. I have a very small ball of yarn and I may be able to make it through to the end, or may run a little short. I am keeping faith and will knit on with confidence, until I am finished. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. (I should know tonight if the yarn held out.)
5. I feel good about the line up of new projects next in the queue. You won't be one bit surprised by the colors I'll be using.
6. I feel good about my Alabama Chanin project and I just ordered beads to open up even the awakening possibilities. I just need more time in my day so I can spend some time working on it. My next AC project will be something I can wear.
7. I feel good about the fun 3-day weekend just past and the fun time we had with friends, as well as, the time I spent alone, pampering myself with a haircut, and mani/pedi. The weather was perfect for bare toes. Smith and I went out for breakfast on Sunday, spending time together before he had to go to work in the afternoon.
8. I feel good about the the next book I'm going to read. A couple of friends and I were talking about "Rebecca" and how much we enjoyed it as teenagers, as well as rereading it as adults. Then we got into a conversation about all the other books we'd enjoyed by Daphne du Maurier as teens and we decided to read (or reread) "The House on the Strand". It will be fun to share our thoughts about this book we barely remember from our childhood reading.
9. I feel good about my new exercise routine. At the moment it consists of spinning (on a stationary bike for as long as I can stand) and then a short routine of weight training, which I enjoy very much. Spinning gives me time to read (listen) and that's the part I like best. It's something I know I'll get into, even though at the moment, I haven't quite got the hang of it.
10.I feel good about the week ahead, as it looks quiet, which will give me plenty of time to knit, sew, and read. I need some time for all three!