You may have heard about Norma and her comment contest.  For some reason I have been able to best her when it comes to comments. I will never try to best her with humor, words, or the number of words in a post.   Norma is NORma. Anyhoo, she is trying to catch up and, in all likelihood, she will surpass, within days, my comment milestone of 60,000.


Knitting time has been at a premium this week, so instead of kniting progress, here is "my spot".  There are two things about this spot I want you to note.  Before the dejunking of this room the futon was constantly covered with detritus.  Piles of yarn, books, patterns, knitting, and anything else that needed to be put away, or thrown away, ended up here.  This room was intended to be my fiber refuge and it ended up being a refuge of junk.

I am very pleased to say the room has stayed organized and clean of extra crap and there is a place for everything and everything is in its place.  Here is where a sigh of relief is uttered. I now have a room of my own.


The second things I'd like you to note is the swift and ball winder set up.  Yep, that's where they stay unless company is coming (because the futon is also the guest bed). It's nice to have a swift and ball winder at the ready as you never know when a skein will cry out to be wound and knit. 


The swift is around 18 years old and, as you can see, the years have worn away the original arm connectors.  I have no memory of the connections, as when they gave way, they were replaced with a anything at hand and, over the years, my swift has become adorned with colorful ties.  Yarn is always handy, and through all the abuse of winding skein after skein, my swift has been ever ready.

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to sit in the room and knit.  Or, I could sit and spin as this is where my wheels also live.  They're at the ready, too!

Happy Weekend, everyone!

I Do This To Myself

There was a bit of a disaster at the chicken coop yesterday because of the 8" of snow we had overnight. It brought down the protective netting over their small yard and tangled it up in the trees. Smith and I spent the morning tying the netting together, retying it to the fencing, and trussing it all up with rope. Oh, and that was after shaking the snow off and getting ourselves completely wet with snow.  After saving the net we fed, watered and petted every chicken, just to reassure them. Sadly (or not) I did not have the camera at the ready. The whole thing was very cold, wet and stressful!

The rest of the weekend was spent reorganizing the coat closet (couldn't find the gloves I needed!) and working on my fiber room.

It's looking very nice, if I say so myself.  This is half the room, the other half isn't quite ready for viewing, but this is as I envisioned. The closets in the room are finished and I think I'm about 90% (well, maybe 85%) finished. I have a place to spin (but must wait until the room is 100% complete), a place to sit, and a place for all my fiber and yarn.

Hopefully, over Thanksgiving weekend I can finish the room to the point the reorganizing bug, the crazy reorganizing bug, can be ignored!  I'm exhausted.