1. The weekend started with a night out with a girlfriend and a trip to my favorite LBS. The Kinds English will celebrate their 39th anniversary on Saturday and I'm all about shopping at my local independent bookstore. Let's hear it for LBSs everywhere!
2. Saturday I took a little time for some personal hygiene-ing, as in a haircut, manicure, and pedicure. All summer my toes have been blue (Venice a Party?), but I opted for "O'Hare and Nails Look Great" (red!). The toes will be bare as long as possible, which I expect will be a couple more months. The fingernails are only every buffed only, thank you.
3. Saturday evening Smith and I went to our favorite taqueria with Larry and Cheryl. We then spent the evening playing Cribbage. We're learning. Counting to 15 is proving difficult for me. Larry is the master at totally the cards. (But, Cheryl still won all the games).
4. I worked in the garden and harvested an eggplant the size of a football. It was the only fruit on the plant, a plant that wasn't tall enough to keep it off the ground. This eggplant was huge and slightly soft, so I opted to harvest, even thought it was green. Smith plants odd varieties and he does not keep track, which means it may not be the type that goes totally aubergine. I'll let you know how it tastes once I decide the best way to eat it.
5. I also made a small pot of Vicki's tomato sauce out of our ugly tomatoes. The sauce also included a few small eggplant, a couple of squash and a bunch of onions and peppers from the garden (plus, of course, garlic).
6. Just in time for the weekend several of the postcards I'd sent via Postcrossing arrived at their distant destinations. When postcards arrive the sender can then send out more cards. I have received 388 and sent just as many. I love this fun hobby of connecting the world one postcard at a time.
7. I walked around Red Butte Gardens and then, because all the cool kids are doing it, I played with Prisma, a fun (new?) app.
8. Smith and I spent a lovely Sunday evening, and then a lovely Monday evening together. Rarely do we get two nights in a row together. This weekend we've had three!
I guess this ends up being Ten Eight on Tuesday (by Carole). If I tell you anything else, I'd have no reason to come back here the rest of the week. How was your Holiday weekend?