My intention was to skip Ten on Tuesday this week, but Carole really got me with the subject. I am of a certain age, the age of the greatest rock bands ever. I could list 50 bands and you'd all be envious, but I'll keep it to 10 (or so). Of course, if you're much younger than I am, you won't be the least impressed.
1. Led Zeppelin- TWICE 1969 & 1971. The first time they came through town they were the opening act for Vanilla Fudge. We walked out on the Fudge. You know the rest of the story, as after that tour (a flop for VF) Zeppelin hit it big.
2. 1969-Crosby Stills Nash and Young. Although I like Neil Young, I prefer CSN over CSN&Y.
3. Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa)-The show was INSANE and great!
4. The Rolling Stones - My first rock band love was for The Stones. I had all of their albums (but, I gave all my vinyl away).
5. Bob Dylan- This is my favorite song (officially).
6. Blind Faith (Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Ginger Baker) and various bands Eric Clapton put together after the demise of Blind Faith.
7. The Byrds, Emmylou Harris, Poco, Arlo Guthrie, Flying Burrito Brothers
8. Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane & Starship, Greatful Dead, Janis Joplin
9. Aretha Franklin, BB King, Jimmy Vaughn, Santana, Robert Cray...
10. Ray Brown, Wynton Marsalis, Dave Brubeck, Dianne Reeves...
My regrets: The Doors came to town and I couldn't get a ride to the concert and Jimi Hendrix was here and I missed him, too.
I've seen so many concerts during my lifetime I don't think I can even remember them all. My father took me to symphony concerts at a young age and I've loved music all my life. I like music in ever genre and have seen concerts in every genre. Mix it up, yeah man!