There are as many ways to celebrate a birthday as there are people in your life. I've had many wonderful celebrations over the years and here are 10 Things for ToT for you to try (as if you didn't already know how to celebrate).
Do you have a birthday to celebrate in your life soon?
1. Send a birthday card through the US Mail and write a note to tell them how much they means to you. Mail is a rarity and a hand written note more so. It doesn't take long to buy a card (you can pick them up anywhere) and sign your name. You can even buy postage stamps on-line.
2. Give baloons and/or flowers.
3. Make a favorite dinner and bake a cake from scratch.
4. Wish Happy Birthday on Facebook or with a phone call. You could go so far as to send an e-card, but make sure you personalize it.
5. Wish Happy Birthday in person. A smile and a hug, or handshake, goes a long way.
6. Take them to a play or a movie with dinner either before or after.
7. Give a gift of your time, either by giving a handmade gift, or by giving time to help with a task.
8. Give something the person they have always wanted (if it's within your budgetary guidelines).
9. Entertain with stimulating conversation, singing a song and, you could even, throw in a dance just for the fun of it.
10. Throw a surprise party. Every 10 years Smith plans a surprise party for me. He's surprised me every time, but the biggest surprise was 2010. I truly had no idea he had something up his sleeve.
Post 2300! Not that that has anything to do with anything.