Carole's ToT request was for 10 Favorite Summer Beverages. The list came at the right time, as I need some new ideas to add to my repertoire. Smith and I have the next 3 days off (together!) and we want to relax, head to the mountains (picnic!), and general enjoy the luxury of time. Drinks will be a necessity, as well as an indulgence. I can't wait!
1. Water, cold and/or iced, garnished with nothing, or a variety of choices (mint, lemon, lime, orange, or strawberries (any berry). Use your imagination and enjoy the best refreshment known to man.
2. Ice tea-Tazo Lotus Blossom, good old Lipton black, Lemon Ginger Snap, or if I'm feeling regal, Royal Golden Safari. I have a big bunch of mint right outside the back door and a leaf, or two, is a nice garnish for almost any tea.
3. Cold white wine, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
4. Lemontini ala Terry.
5. Cheryl's hubby makes a very nice grapefruit "martini" and his latest is a watermelon "martini".
6. If I could (but a good one just isn't GF), an ice cold beer! If I must have a beer there are one or two GF beers that are ok.
7. Ice tea from Lone Star Taqueria, which is fruity, with just the right balance of sweet and bitter.
8. Sangria~although I haven't made it in years.
9. G&T (gin and tonic for you teetotalers). Tonic does something weird to me, so I no longer drink G&Ts but I do think they're super refreshing.
10. Fresh lime~another drink I haven't had in years, but as a kid this was a favorite of mine. It was a big deal in the 60s and 70s and I think it was a soda (Sprite or 7Up) with lime flavor, a fresh lime and, sometimes, a maraschino cherry as garnish.
Come on over! You're welcome to join me in a toast to summer!