Every time I have a holiday weekend I hunger for more. The weekend was packed with a variety of fun, and since my memory isn't what it used to be, I'm going to do my beat to remember it all. Let me see what sort of list I can make of my memories. I am a bad blogger, because I leave my camera behind and enjoy the moment. But, I am justified in this behavior as just last week I read an article that said you remember better when you aren't constantly snapping pictures with your camera (phone).
1. Saturday we woke to rain, and since rain is always needed in this high desert, we were not unhappy about it. Smith's plans to spend the morning in the garden were foiled as was my trip to Red Butte Garden with Cheryl. The rain gave Smith and I a chance to go to breakfast, and since Stephanie had recently old me one of our places was now open for breakfast AND had GF options, we took the opportunity.
2. Later, instead of a hike around the garden, Cheryl and I went to a LYS and a local Vietnamese restaurant for a yummy bánh mì. The rain stopped shortly after we started our journey and the afternoon was beautiful!
3. Since I was alone for the evening, I treated myself to a mani-pedi. I love this bit of pampering and my resulting red toes. (I also had the treat of a glass of wine with my roasted salmon dinner).
4. Sunday Smith and were up early to spend time in the garden before he left for work. We picked a boatload of luscious lettuce. The weather was perfect, with blue skies and a tiny bit of crispness to the air. After Smith had gone to work I went to pilates (I'd also been to class on Saturday), which is a great way to start the day.
5. Later I met Cheryl and Monica at SnB. We always have a good time. But, Sunday was special, as Cheryl brought me a flower from her Audrey plant and it looked great until Monday night when it started to wilt.
6. Sunday night Smith and I went to Susan's to see her fabulous container garden. We visited and puttered around the putting green. The evening air was cool, but to be out on the patio was a delight. Summer has truly arrived.
7. Monday Cheryl and I were able to go for our walk/hike around Red Butte Gardens. I saw the fading blossoms of the beautiful wisteria, but many more of the flowers at the garden were in full bloom. The plants at the garden are exceptional and flowers were everywhere. We ran into varieties we didn't know existed, although Cheryl knew more than I did. The afternoon turned hot, but not unbearably so. I think we both got a little sun on our cheeks (despite the sun screen). Pink cheeks are just another sign that summer is here.
8. We went back to Cheryl's to freshen up and after that we stopped by another LYS to have a refreshing cup of tea. We checked out the yarns and had a bite to eat. It was a nice way to finish off our afternoon together.
9. As I waited for Smith to return from work I typed out this ToT list. I had a feeling Carole was going to ask for 10 things we did this weekend.
10. I also spent time finishing my book group book and tried to calm Moxie who isn't doing well and suffers with a little anxiety. Smith and I enjoyed a traditional super of burgers and chips, as our nod to the first summer weekend.
I hope you had a glorious weekend!!