Couldn't get my ToT list finished until this morning. This is thrown together in a big fat hurry, but there is SO much I wish I know about so many things! Thank you, Carole, for the brain stimulation!
1. Astronomy - I would love to know more about how the heavens move and how to find constellations I only know by name. I'd love more about the planets and the cosmos in general.
2. A (the) Camera - I'd love to know more about using a camera. My camera (I do fairly well), Claudia's camera (still a complete mystery), and what I really want in a camera when I decide to make a change. Vicki was talking about her smart phone camera and I need to take my investigation in that direction.
3. Literature - Even though I read many "literary" novels, I'd love to understand more deeply what the author is saying. Many authors use other sources, such as mythology, events in history, or a human condition, as basis for their stories. Sometimes I feel at a disadvantage before I start reading.
4. Knitting - If only I could read all of The Principles of Knitting and retian the lessons. Every time I knit I learn something new (that's what friends are for!) and I love it. I wish I had a knitting brain like Elizabeth Zimmermann's. She was a genius.
5. Cooking - It's the knife skills that cause me a load of trouble, but also, I'd like to be able to know how to make food look and taste as good as it does in a restaurant. It's not that I can't read a recipe, but it's having the knowledge of doing the right thing at the right moment that pulls a dinner together and makes it special. One thing I do know...it's a lot of work to cook daily meals.
I'm stopping at 5 because I ran out of time yesterday and I'm running behind today. The world is full of interesting subjects. I'd love to know more about music, math, and how the body works, too. It's a great and wonderful world we live in.
What is on your list of things to know?