By rote, at this time of year we state the "things we're thankful for", the gifts we have of family, friends and food. Carole's ToT has me thinking a little harder about what I am thankful for in this moment.
1. I am grateful for being aware of where I am right now, in this place, with the sound of friends around me.
2. I am grateful for the eye sight that allows me to easily read the words I am typing.
3. I am grateful for the touch in my fingertips and for the sound of the keyboard as they type each letter.
4. I am grateful for the hot tea steeping in my cup, for the warmth of the liquid the elegant taste of the tea, as it fills my mouth.
5. I am grateful for the amazing piece of chocolate truffle my tongue awaits.
6. I am grateful for task at hand and the ability to use my brain (limited as it is).
7. I am grateful Thanksgiving will be with others for the first time in years. I am grateful for the friend who is brave enough to invite me to dinner. She is sure she can provide a safe (as in GF) and delicious meal. My being GF impacts my friends and I am grateful for all who put up with my limitations.
8. I am grateful for the many of the modern conveniences that make life easier, safer, luxuriously so for many of us.
9. I am grateful for the stalwart, caring man who is my partner, my husband, my dearest friend.
10. I am grateful for every breath I take.
Wishing you all a very, very Happy Thanksgiving.