The word 'goals' has never been one of my favorite words. It's one my parents would force on me, not one I liked hearing, or facing, and it's a word I sometimes try to work around (or ignore). When you get right down to it, the word "goals" has more impact, more meaning, and more umph, than does, say, the word "aspirations". However, it still gets the hackles up of the little girl inside me. Setting all that childhood angst aside, I bring you ToT Carole style.
Ten Goals for This Summer!
1. Dance in the sun! Make sure I'm covered with sunscreen and wearing a big hat, but dance, dance, dance!
2. Sit with iced tea and knitting on my patio while relaxing. And, as often as possible, make sure there are a group of friends enjoying the time and laughing together.
3. Learning to make lemon martinis as good as Terry's (above). This could be helpful in fomenting laughter.
4. Eat as many fresh garden goodies as possible. Our own or farmers markets, we're going to keep it fresh.
5. Keep up my daily walking regime and revel in the beauty of each and every day as it begins. I am a morning person, so this is not hard.
6. On a day (or three) when being indoors is more comfortable than being out...clean and organize a pantry that has been driving me bats for the last several months. It's got me at my wits end.
7. Don't complain about the heat. Eat up the warmth when I can, but stay in and enjoying looking out, without bitching. Since I read, knit, and enjoy kicking back (see lemon martini above), I should be able to entertain myself and enjoy whatever the weather brings.
8. Be better about staying in touch with friends near and far. I've had phone issues (both home and cell) the last couple of weeks, which will, hopefully, be resolved this week. My fingers are not broken so I must also be better at keep up my email connections. Sorry I've been so disconnected, grrls!
9. Have friends over more often and not worry so much about my worn and unpainted house. Real friends won't care and we'll do our best to create a nice distracion with good food and laughter.
10. Smile more! Give more! Love more!