Tuesday was a much better day than Monday (maybe it was a better nights sleep) and while dressing for work I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "Damn! You look great for someone who is near 60 years old." (Big Zero birthdays have never bothered me, but 60 feels a little daunting.)
That morning I read Nora's post on loving your body for what it is. May I impart a bit of advice to you younger souls. Enjoy your 30s and 40s; they are your body's best years. Around 50+ you start dealing with aches and pains and other age issues. This year has been a difficult one for me health-wise and so I'm going to talk about the "good stuff" and stay positive.
It's All About Me
- While dealing with pneumonia, et al., I lost a few pounds. The goal has been to keep it off. So far, so good.
- My hair is still mostly dark with some swaths of gray and I'm fine with it as is. Coloring is not an option for this simple reason: I am too lazy to deal with it myself and all that time in a salon would make me nuts.
- My new haircut looks cute and (dare I say) sassy. My earrings show and I love that, too.
- Thankfully I'm not a snack food eater. I don't like it, it doesn't like me. Give me yogurt and berries (perhaps a few nuts) over anything else and I'm happy.
- My neck has a few wrinkles, but has no wattle…thank goddess!!
- My lungs have gained strengthened in just the last couple of weeks and I should be able to start working out. Yay!
- My body looks ok, but it's weak and I must start walking (farther) and lifting weights (which I can now do...see #6.)
- I'm at the age when what's in and what others think doesn't matter much...it's very freeing.
- I dress and look younger than I am. My clothes and shoes don't show my age. I never want curly blue hair.
- Friends don't let friends act old and you'll help me out, keep me on the right track….true? Now, that's a reason to keep blogging.
- The soundtrack to my week was KCRL Community Radio…Radio Free Utah.
- I have loved this station for many, many years (over 25!).
- They are changing formats as of May 5th...to paid programmers!
- Can you believe they fired all the volunteers!?!
- I have been very upset and continue to grieve over the change.
- They did hire three of the volunteers…two are favorites of mine. (Thank goddess!)
- I'm still worried that the music I love will change.
- The volunteers have given years to the listening public and I will miss them with all my heart.
- Many of the volunteers didn't take it lying down and have started their own web-based radio, Utah Free Media.
- Utah is full of renegades...and don't you forget it.
This is for Sallee who asked for more mountain pictures. Mt. Olympus taken on Thursday afternoon.
- The weather has been wet (snow, hail, rain) and cold this week. (See the new snow on the mountain above?)
- Please, please, please let us have a few warm days in a row.
- I'm tired of bitching about the weather.
- Next complaint will be in July when it's over 100.
- Fridays are the best because I can wear blue jeans to work.
- I LOVE wearing blue jeans (and lace).
- Wearing lace and blue jeans together is even better.
needwant Romi's new earrings to peek out from under my new hairdo.
- There could be a CeCe photo shoot this weekend!
- I'll be taking Mondays off from blogging now that summer is coming. I'd rather be having fun in the sun than spend Sunday afternoon going through pictures and writing a post.
Reasons Not to Post on Monday
- Spending Sunday outdoors (or anywhere away from a computer) sounds like fun.
- Blogland is slow during the vacation months of summer.
- Knitting all day Sunday (if not out of doors) would be more fun than typing.
- More time to spend with Smith and Moxie.
- This feels like the right time to slow down my posting schedule.
- Maybe I'll have a dinner party...barbecue anyone?
- I'd like to read a book (or two).
- Maybe I'll be better at correspondence. (I suck at answering emails.)
- Many Sundays this summer will be spent traveling or recovering from travel.
- Why not!?
Happy Weekend, Everyone! See you TUESDAY!