All over Blogland knitters are hearing the call of the spindle and the wheel. It's futile to resist if you've heard the call and felt the pull of the wool. Do you want to use that new found desire and latent talent to have some fun, learn something new and stretch your horizons? Are you ready to get Twisted?
When I first started to spin, Marcia asked if I had the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook. It had been sitting on my self for several years as I had purchased it (socks in the title of a book is a good way to get me to buy anything) and then let it sit. I didn't spin, didn't really want to dye, either. But, when I looked at the book after my venture into spinning, I was psyched! This was exactly what I wanted to do on my spinning journey. My very next thought was that it would be so much fun to have many spinners, new and accomplished, take this journey with me. Are you ready? We're going to dye, spin and knit for the next 6 months.
Blogless Karen is a dyer, spinner, and knitter extraordinaire. She will be our guide along the treacherous path of dyeing and spinning. (It's very likely you already know how to knit.)
Here are a few of the ground roolz:
- You don't need to dye your own roving. There are many resources for purchasing roving or try your LYS.
- You must spin your own yarn by wheel or spindle. Extra points are given to hand spindling. (The points are from the yarn goddess who will smile on your efforts.)
- You can knit your beautiful handspun into anything you like. Hats, socks, scarves, bags or go for the big deal…a sweater!
- You must have a good time, encourage each other, and not give up. October and November will be for dyeing, December and January for spinning, and February and March for knitting.
- You don't need to keep to a schedule, however. Dye, spin and knit when you like!
Sign ups start now, today. Email TwistandKnit@gmail.com to sign up. The Twisted Knitters blog will be ready next week and invitations to post will be sent by Oct. 2nd. That way everyone can share progress and encourage each other.
Join us and let's play!!