The sock mojo has been very strong. It's difficult to pick up anything else when socks are calling in a very loud voice. Makes a grrl wonder, what's up with that? It's already too warm to wear them, which means anything new will be tucked away with the 'already worn' hand knit socks until fall. Maybe that's it…they want the company of like minded friends. We all understand that! Besides, there are few knits as true as a sock in process.
The second Eleanora has yet to be cast on because the Sleeping Dragon yarn, Purple Night, has been wooing my attention. The colorway is aptly named, as the soft purples shade to a deep inky blue, which reminds me of twilight on a summer evening. The pattern is the Slipped Stitch Rib from Charlene Schurch's book Sensational Socks. It's a snug fitting pattern, which makes a good gift sock, if you're so inclined. However, this pair is mine! I'll be getting more of Karen's fabulous yarn soon, as I love her colorways.
I've also been test knitting Cassie's sock (which should be available soon). The lace on the cuff and leg make a fun, yet easy knit and the plain colored yarn more interesting. Speaking of plain sock yarn….our LYS, the Wool Cabin, is getting a shipment of Opal (the German Opal) in plain colors. It's so exciting!
Because summer is a great time to knit socks are you ready for a fun summer Knit Along?
Norma and I want you to go take a hike! With us, that is. We have decided it's time to knit with some of the Trekking XXL sock yarn we have in our stashes. Neither of us has knit a sock with Trekking and it's a damn shame! Many people love this yarn so, if you have never knit with it, and want to give it a go…we have a proposition for you. We're good at propositions (well Norma is good at depositions but, not very good at KALs, of which I am fully aware). So, if you want to join me, the person with the best hiking trails on earth and Norma, the worst Knit Along host ever, in our Trekking Along, let's go!
Trek Along With Me, the best is yet to be, just you want and see.
- You must knit with Trekking XXL….color of your choice, sock pattern of your choice. Buy (or find in your stash) some Trekking XXL, get your sock pattern and supplies ready and let's Go Take A Hike!
- Start Date June 1st – End date August 31st.
- You should take a picture at least once a month (twice would be better), of you and/or your sock on a hiking trail during the months of June, July and August.
- A trail can be an urban trail, like the Freedom Trail in Boston or the Magnificent Mile in Chicago or a nature trail. Get in touch with your landscape, whatever it may be.
- Make sure you take along plenty of fluids.
- Take the Button and add it to your own server.
- Enjoy your hike and your knitting wherever you go!
- Leave a comment on the Trekking Along Blog and we'll add you to the sidebar, as well as, send you an invite to post on the blog. Start date is June 1st.