I must confess to falling off the StashALong wagon. With only 11 days to go I blew it and must take responsibility for my actions. Sunday Susan came to Stitch 'n Bitch with a couple if skeins of sock yarn from Marie of Brooklyn Handspun. The yarn was so nice that I just HAD to have some. Susan has been doing her
damnedest best to abet my fall. I might have been able to hold off except that several of us are doing a shop crawl tomorrow and I want need some yarn for dyeing. You can blame Dave as he is having too much fun dyeing up bright colors of yarn and knitting fabulous socks out of it. I want to play, too. Full confession and pictures will come next week.
There is a bit of spring beginning to peep out around here and a BUNCH of potential. The yellow daffodils will bloom just in time for Project Spectrum's April colors. Even if you're not a fan of yellow, bright spring flowers always bring smiles and joy.
I'm following suit and joining others in this fun meme from the Jenla grrls, Jen & La, who do a great job of introducing us to other blogs.
Here's how it works:
Your finds must come from knit blogs.
- You may not use a blog for more than one item-all items must come from different sources.
- Finds can come from current entries or archives.
- You must post your answers with the title of the blogs they were found on and a link to the blog/item (permalinks where appropriate) on your blog. If no permalink is available, give us the post date.
- Do not steal anyone’s bandwidth-which means you should not hotlink pictures.
- You need to comment [on their site] and let us know when you have completed this meme.
Here we go:
1. A blog which you think people have not discovered.
Liz of Athena Dreams. Her photographs are wonderful as well as her knitting and other art. Check out the Mixed Media photo album. And Lisa, too has become a recent pal. She writes and knits well, plus takes good pictures. (Psst, it's her birthday! Tell her 'hey'!)
2. A blog whose author lives close to you physically. Just get as close as you can, it’s all relative.
Eliza or Gwen. I believe are very close to my home and both are in the Ewe-tah Ring.
3. An unusual or weird animal picture.
Chaos...no need for words.
4. An entry that made you laugh and got you strange looks from family or co-workers.
Stash Wars!!! Jen has missed her calling as a Hollywood screen writer. This post was so creative, funny and I couldn't help but laugh out loud.
5. An idea you wish you’d thought of.
Project Spectrum - Lolly has made us more aware of the colors in our lives with this project. My eyes are always searching for the color of the month.
6. Something you’d like to knit. (Links are to the knits and knitters that have inspired me.)
Tracy's Poetry sweaters. Both are beautiful, well fitting accomplishments. Also, Susan’s fabulous Icelandic shawl, Fína Hyrnan, (March 16th post). She said it was easy...ah, right.
7. A picture of something you consider beautiful.
I could spend all day hitting 'refresh' on Cara's blog just to see the header pictures change.
8. A blog whose author you’d like to one day meet in person.
It is very hard to pick just one! Carole and Birdsong are coming here to travel with me to the Estes Park Wool Market in Colorado, which pleases me to no end. I would love to visit the hotbed of bloggers and knitters in New England, among them...Cara, Katy and Norma, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....
9. A blog of someone you have already met in person.
I'll go with Snow. She invited me to Estes last year and opened her heart and home, even though we had never met and had only 'known' each other a short time. She is a sweet heart and a very good friend.
Yesterday I came home to a box on my doorstep from Bakerina. I knew right away it was my birthday gift from Snow! Inside were three bottles of 'butter'. Damson Plum Butter, Apple Butter (pink lady apples!) and Paradise Butter (winesap apples and quinces!). My afternoon snack (ala Bonne Marie) consisted of a cup of tea and a piece of whole grain bread, spread with a little peanut butter and covered with a nice layer of Damson Butter... oh my! It was a slice of heaven.
If you need more of a hint as to what my 'G' will be here is a hint. Why does the capital city of Utah (where I live) have the name it does? Make sure to send your answer to zensockcontest at gmail dot com (check last Friday's post if you need more info).
Enjoy your weekend, I will!